HOME | Mayweather vs Marquez News | Mayweather vs Marquez Videos | Mayweather vs Marquez Pictures


Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mayweather-Marquez is on!


On July 18, Floyd “Mainstream Money” Mayweather and Juan Manuel Marquez meet on a PPV card billed as “Number One/Numero Uno” at MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The bout was officially announced today. “Credentials don’t lie and the record speaks for itself,” said Mayweather. “When it comes to July 18, I don’t need to tell you what I’m going to do. A small man will never retire me. I’m here to stay. I’m here to fight and reclaim what’s mine. I’m the king and nobody has taken my throne. Tonight, any man can win. Its a gamble. But when you are betting on Floyd, that’s for sure money. Keep your money under your mattress until July 18.” Marquez countered, “If I want to be the best fighter in the world and I need to beat the best. The best fighter is Floyd Mayweather. This fight is for who is the #1 fighter in the world.” Promoter Oscar de la Hoya commented “Can we believe that now the bigger man is always going to win? When I fought Floyd it was competitive. When I fought Manny he stopped me. When Juan fought Manny - I don’t care what they say - Juan beat him. So I believe Juan can beat Mayweather. Marquez can never be counted out.” Mayweather manager Leonard Ellerbe proclaimed “The king is back! Floyd has truly transcended the sport. Wherever he goes - the malls, the grocery stores, even the strip clubs - they all ask ‘when is Floyd coming back?.’”

Source: fightnews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment